H.S. (WBCHSE) English Suggestion – 2016 (Only For Test Exam)
H.S. ENGLISH SUGGESTION FOR TEST EXAM – 2016
H.S. ENGLISH EXAM (WBCHSE) – 2016
H.S. ENGLISH SUGGESTION FOR TEST EXAM – 2016
(THE EYES HAVE IT)
1. Describe the significance of the title.
2. What attempts did the narrator make to prevent the girl from discovering that he was blind?
3. Describe the conversation between the narrator and the girl about their views on their visit to hills.
Describe the parting of the girl and narrator.
How did the girl and the narrator reminiscence about the scenic beauty of Mussoorie?
4. LINES —– “Then I made a mistake”
“She had beautiful eyes………..use to her”
“Oh how lucky you are”
“I didn’t see you either…….come in”
(THE THREE QUESTIONS)
1. What are the three important questions of the Tsar? What were the answers of the learned men?
2. How did the Tsar’s enemy become friend?
“Forgive me”, said the bearded man —- Who was the man? Why did he ask so?
3. What were the final answers of the hermit to the Tsar’s questions?
4. LINES ——– “Here come someone running”
“I resolved to kill you”
“I will serve you as your most faithful slave”
(THANK YOU MAN)
1. How did James prevent Roger from snatching away her purse?
2. What lessons did Roger learn from Jones?
Sketch the character of Roger
3. What did Jones do after taking Roger at her residence?
4. Why did Roger try to snatch the purse of the lady?
“I wanted a pair of shoes”
5. LINES —— “I am very sorry lady”
“I would teach you right from wrong”
“Shoes came by devilish like that…….feet”
1. What did the Kalam learn from his father?
2. Describe the daily routine of Kalam’s father.
3. Describe the scene where people gathered before the old mosque with bowls of water.
4. How did Kalam express his gratitude towards his father?
5. How did his father’s attitude to adversity / spirituality influence?
(ON KILLING A TREE)
1. How does the tree heal itself?
2. “And then it is done —- What does ‘it’ refer to? How is it done?”
3. Describe the growth of the tree?
(ASLEEP IN THE VALLEY)
1. Descrive the soldier.
2. Describe the poet’s attitude towards war.
3. How is the nature described in this poem?
(SHALL I ….DAY?)
1. How is the summer described in this poem?
2. LINES—- “Every fair from fair declines”
“Sometime too hot…..heaven”
(THE POETRY OF EARTH)
1. What role do the grasshopper and the cricket play in this poetry?
2. Describe Keats attitude toward nature in this poetry.
How according to Keats can the poetry of easrth be heard in winter?
How does Keats describe the poetry of summer season in this poetry?
1. How did Chubukov welcome Lomov when he paid them a visit?
2. What are the reasons of dispute regarding Oxen Meadows? What are the results (First arguments)?
3. Describe the episode of the second argument (Quarrel over dogs) regarding the hunting dogs.
4. Discuss the character of Natalya / Lomov.
5. Discuss the reasons why the marriage is important to all the characters.
6. Make a brief sketch of social life as you see in this play.
What aspect of the human condition and society does the play make fun of?
v Write a letter to the General Manager of South Eastern Railways, complaining against the damage goods.
v Write a letter to the President WBCHSE, requesting for publication of model project works in English.***
v Write a letter to the ABC Company, requesting replace and update library stock / lab-instruments from your school lab / library.
v Write a letter to an Insurrance company to settle claims car damage.***
v Write a letter to the Rajasthan Govt. Tourism Department, requesting for details about your tour.
Write a letter to the ABC company manager, complaining him about delay to deliver books for your school library.*****
v Write a letter to the bank for house building loan.*****
v Write a letter to the OC of your police station, reporting an anti-social activity.*****
v Write a letter to the Municipality Chairman against irregularity in the disposal of domestic garbage.***
v Farewell ceremony of class XII students.***
v Teacher’s day (5th Sept.)*****
v Free health check up camp
v School quiz competition***
v Blood donation camp.**
v Prize giving ceremony.*****
v Rabindra Jayanti celebration in school***
v School wall magazine about global warming**
v Environment Day observation (5th Jun)*
v Flood in North Bengal*****
v School annual sport***
v Cleaning operation
v Inter school football match***
v A devastating flood OR,
) Do as directed 1×6=6
i) Narration Change
ii) Voice Change
iv) Complex / Simple / Participle
vi) Interchange of Parts of Speech
b) Articles and Preposition 1/2×6=3
c) Correction (FOLLOW EXAM CAPSULE) 1×1=1
Read More Important Suggestions for H.S. – 2018 Examinaton