Prepare the long questions answers of poem Poetry of Earth for H.S. Exam. Read thew below all the questions answers of the poem poetry of earth for Higher Secondary Exam Preparation.
Long questions answers of poem Poetry of Earth
- Write down the summary / central idea / gist of the poem.
- What role is played by the Grasshopper?
- What role is played by the Cricket?
- ‘The poetry of the earth is never dead’ – why the poetry of earth is never dead?
- ‘The poetry of the earth is ceasing never’ – why does Keats say that the poetry of earth never ceased?
- What picture of summer and winter is presented in the poetry?
- “He has never done with his delights…..’ explain.
- ‘He takes the lead in summer luxury’ – explain.
- How the poetry of the earth can be heard through all the seasons?
At first the poet is describing the summer season whose music is presented by the grasshopper. In summer season all the birds are faint with the hot sun, they hide in cooling trees. Then a Voice will run from hedge to hedge about the new mown Mead. This is the grasshopper whose voice is referred to here. The grasshopper takes the lead in summer luxury. The delights of the grasshopper never come to an end. Whenever he gets tired, he takes rest beneath some pleasant weed.
—he takes the lead
In summer luxury,
So this is the important role of the grasshopper. Grasshopper takes and maintains his role in summer season to continue the music of the earth. The poet source clearly how the music of the earth is rejoiced in summer season by someone.
Secondly the poet is describing the winter season whose music is presented by the cricket. In winter season the frost brings the silence in evening. Then the shrilling voice is heard from the stove. This is the song of cricket which increases the warmth in winter season. But someone who is in drowsiness and half lost, he feels that this is the song of grasshopper which is coming among some grassy Hills.
And seems to one in drowsiness half lost,
The Grasshopper’s among some grassy hills.
In the second stanza the poet wants to show how the cricket takes the roles to carry the music of the earth in winter season. Similarly the cricket takes the lead in winter season. However the poet shows clearly how the music of the earth is rejoice in winter season by someone.
Just like cricket and grasshopper, the music of the earth can be heard through all the Six Seasons by someone. So it is endless to say that the poetry of the earth is ceasing never. The poetry of the Earth is never dead.
Reading of Long questions answers of poem Poetry of Earth will immensely help to answer all the long questions answers of poem Poetry of Earth.