Download Thank You Ma’am Question Answer MCQ, SAQ, Long PDF for Higher Secondary (HS) Exam | West Bengal Higher Secondary Exam 2023. MCQ, SAQ, analysis, summary title of Thank You Ma’am for Higher Secondary Exam.
“Thank You Ma’am Question Answer MCQ, SAQ, Long”
- Character of Jones
- ‘Eat some more son’
- ‘Pick up my pocketbook and give it here’
- ‘Ain’t you ashamed of yourself?’
In the famous short story Thank You Ma’am which is written by HUGHES, the character of Jones is very important according to the development of the story.
She was the ordinary aged fat woman. She worked in a hotel beauty shop. She was strong self respected woman. She showed motherly affection to the poor boy Roger. She felt sympathy for the boy and the boy tried to snatch out her pocketbook. Then the lady said,
‘Ain’t you ashamed of yourself?’
The boy should feel ashamed of himself.
At last she gave the boy money to buy the suede shoes. Her pocketbook was big and heavy which had everythings in it but hammer and nails. She treated the boy as her own son. She arranged dinner table to eat together. She cooked ham, Lima bins, and cocoa milk. She offered half of her ten cent cake. Finally she was perfect to change Roger’s mind into right human track in life. She was a memorable lady for Roger.
Character of Roger
- Why did the boy not run although he had an opportunity?
- ‘And he did not want to be mistrusted now’.
- ‘I am very sorry, lady, I am sorry’.
- ‘And he never saw her again’.
In the famous short story Thank You Ma’am which is written by Hughes, the character of Roger is very important according to the development of the story.
He was a poor boy who had no one in his home. He was about fourteen or fifteen. He had no sense of right or wrong in life. As usual he snatched Jones’s pocketbook. He became afraid when Jones dragged him. Sweat pooped out from the boys face. But he had struggled. Roger was simple minded boy. He said that he wanted to buy pair of suede shoes for that he snatched pocketbook. Roger was mistreated in the society. He had no sense of right or wrong.
‘I am very sorry, lady, I am sorry’
Roger understood his fault.
At last he understood the motherly affection of the lady. Her motherly affection changed Roger’s mind. Roger came back into right way in life. He understood the meaning of mother. So Roger did not run although he found an opportunity. So he did not want to be mistrusted to the lady. At last Roger was happy to get motherly affection from the lady.
Roger wanted to contact with the lady later but he never saw her again.
- ‘You ought to be my son’
‘I would teach you right from wrong’
- ‘Take this ten dollars and buy yourself some blue suede shoes’
- ‘Sweat popped out on the boy’s face and he began to struggle’.
- The boy wanted to buy – blue suede shoes. [WBCHSE MODEL]
- Jones gave the boy – ten dollars. [H.S. 2016]
- The lady picked up the boy by holding his – shirt font. [H.S. 2015]
- The boy would never in his life – forget Jones. [WBCHSE MODEL]
- The boy could hardly say more than thank you ma’am because – the door was shut. [WBCHSE MODEL]
- The bag was contained – everything except hammer and nails.
- Jones was walking alone the road – at night.
- Roger face was – dirty.
- Roger fell down because – he lost his balance.
- The boy fell on the – sidewalk.
The boy was – fourteen or fifteen
- Jones lived in – a rented house.
- The boy wore – suede shoes and blue jeans.
- Jones offered the boy – supper
- The strap of the pocketbook was long.
- Jones was returning house at – 11 o’clock.
- Jones worked in a – hotel beauty shop.
- Jones took the boy in her house.
- Jones offered the boy a part of her – ten cent cake.
- Jones kept her purse on the – daybed.
- Jones prepared cocoa withy – canned milk.
- Roger met with Jones – on time.
- The full name of the lady – Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones.
- The bag was slung across – her shoulder.
- 2 or 3 people passed – by the time of incident.
- Jones put half nelson – about roger’s neck.
- A gas plate and an ice box were – in another corner of the room behind a screen.
- It is a – short story.
Long question of the poem ‘Poetry of Earth’
MCQ SAQ of ‘Poetry of Earth’
Bengali meaning of the poem The Poetry of Earth.
Long Question Answer of Asleep in The Valley
Asleep in the Valley Short Question Answer
- How old was the boy? [H.S 2017]
The boy was fourteen or fifteen.
- What was the full name of the lady? [H.S. 2017]
Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones.
- Where did Roger fall? [H.S. 2016]
Roger was fell on the sidewalk.
- Where did Jones works? [H.S. 2016]
Jones worked in a hotel beauty shop.
- What were there behind the screen? [H.S. 2015]
There ware a gas plate and ice box behind the screen.
Why did roger try to snatch the purse? [H.S. 2015]
Because he wanted to buy a pair of blue suede shoes.
- What was the name of the boy? [WBCHSE MODEL]
Roger was the name of the boy.
- Why did bates give the boy ten dollars? [WBCHSE MODEL]
Jones gave ten dollars to the boy to buy his suede shoes.
- Where did Bates turn the boy loose? [WBCHSE MODEL]
The Jones turned the boy loose in her house.
- What was the price of the cake? [WBCHSE MODEL]
The price of the cake was ten cent.
- Where did bates take the boy? [WBCHSE MODEL]
Bates took the boy at her house.
What was the occupation of the lady?
The lady was doing work in a hotel beauty shop.
- What caused roger to fell down?
Roger was fallen down by losing his balance.
- Describe the roger’s figure.
Roger’s body was like willow and weak and frail. He was fourteen or fifteen. He wore a shirt and blue jeans.
- What was in the large bag of the large lady?
The bag had everything except hammer and nails.
- What drink was served?
Cocoa with canned milk was served.
From where Jones take out ham?
Jones took ham from an ice box.
- Why did Jones not want to know about the boy’s house?
Because she knew very well that there is no one in roger’s house.
- When did sweat pop out on roger’s face?
When Jones dragged the boy along the road.
How long did the hotel beauty shop stay open?
Hotel beauty shop was open till late night.
- Who used to come to the hotel shop?
Blondes, Red hats, Spanish women used to come to the hotel beauty shop.
- What was given to Roger to dry his face?
A clean towel was given to Roger to dry his face.
- Why did the boy not try to run?
Because he understood the motherly affection of Jones which Roger did not get in his life previously.