On Killing a Tree MCQ, SAQ for Higher Secondary Exam
Prepared On Killing a Tree MCQ, SAQ for Higher Secondary Exam. Download mcq, saq question answers of the poem ‘On Killing a tree’ by Gieve Patel. It will help you for wbchse higher secondary examination.
MCQ Questions Answers Of “On Killing a Tree”:
- To kill a tree it takes – much time
- The tree has grown slowly – consuming the earth
- The tree is feeding- the crust
- The tree is absorbing – sun light, air, water
- Leaves are hiding in the – leprous
- The bark is – bleeding
- The bleeding bark will – Heal
- The twigs are – green curled.
- The twigs will rise from – close to the ground.
- The form of verse – free verse
- The tone is – irony
- Killing a tree is- deliberate act / ceremonial act
- The roots is to be – pulled out.
- Earth cave refers – empty/ hollow space in the earth.
- The source means – the roots of tree.
- The source is – white and wet.
- The scorching and chocking is done – in sun and air.
- And then it is done. It refers to – killing a tree.
- The roots is to be pulled out of the – anchoring earth. [H.S 2017]
- Boughs means – tender shoots. [H.S. 2015]
- A tree grows – slowly consuming the earth. [Model]
- The earth cave is indicates – the gaping hole in the earth when the roots are pulled out. [Model]
SAQ Questions Answers of On Killing a Tree:
- How does a tree grow? [H.S 2017]
A tree grows slowly consuming the earth.
- From where would curled green twigs rise? [H.S 2017]
The twigs will rise from close to the ground
- What does the phrase earth cave refer to? [H.S 2016]
The earth cave is indicates the gaping hole in the earth when the roots are pulled out.
- What scorches and chokes the tree after it is pulled out? [H.S 2016]
Sun and air scorches and chokes the tree.
- What is the most sensitive part? [H.S 2015]
The most sensitive part of a tree is it’s roots.
- How can the tree be killed?
A tree can be killed after scorching, choking, browning, hardening, twisting, withering.
- How is the strength of a tree exposed?
When it’s root is to be pulled out from the earth cave, it’s strength is to be exposed.
- What causes the bark of a tree to bleed?
The hacking and chopping causes the bark of a tree to bleed.
- What type of a poem on killing a tree?
It is an ironical poem.